Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Asher Roth and White Panda

On Friday, December 7, Asher Roth and White Panda made a stop by the HUB.  Although it was not a huge performance as the concerts in the Bryce Jordan Center are, it was a show that my friends and I did not want to miss.  Asher Roth, a millionaire rapper, went to my high school and also performed at my senior prom.  Being the best prom in America it was even more exciting to have a successful Pennsbury alum perform.  My friends and I as well as many other people are fans of his and like to listen to his music.  With his newest album coming out on January 22, 2013 we are all excited to here what new songs he has in store.
The concert in Alumni Hall started at ten o'clock and the excitement could not be contained in my room with the guys from my floor as well as friends from back home.  Of course we decided to go three hours before it started and sure enough it back fired.  When we walked in the HUB there was no one there yet.  We sat around in the lounge until it was time to start filing in.  We were able to get front row seats.  The concert was a great experience.  Asher Roth performed for the first hour and then White Panda came on for the second hour.    I only have ever been to one other concert, but not one with just college students.  The colorful lights and blasting speakers made the moment that much better.
After walking away from the concert with broken ear drums I learned three things.  One, I would not want to be on the concert committee trying to control a crowd full of out of control college students.  Two, as Asher Roth said, music is a type of art that truly inspires people and it is that one type of art where you can express your interests and no one can take that away from you.  Three, just like the title of one of his songs "i love college".

No comments:

Post a Comment